Since then we have experienced sickness and health, haven't had the richer but definitely the poorer and have experienced the good times and bad. Through it all I'm so proud of where we are today. I would say those vows all over again knowing now from experience exactly what I'm vowing. It hasn't come easy and there were two seasons specifically that were very trying on our marriage but we came out of it stronger, more in love, closer to God and better at knowing ourselves individually and as a couple. I truly don't regret anything in the last 10 years and I'm so grateful for God's faithfulness. He really is our glue and I'm grateful for a Savior that shows his forgiveness, grace, love and mercy to us daily. I especially am thankful for the beautiful little boy that we have been blessed to have made together. I am more in love with Evan than ever before and our bond is so deep because of the good things and the rough things we have shared together over the years. I love most of all that we have have our own little things we know about each other and little quirks and secrets that only we share. Only time and experience with someone creates these things and all of this is what makes a marriage.
If I can say anything to those who read this who have been through trials or are currently struggling in their marriage. Let me say this from true experience. God is faithful. Though it might be the hardest thing you have ever done, keep fighting for your marriage. God wants to grow you individually and together through this season. Please don't give up because there is truly a beautiful thing on the other side....I promise.
Congratulations to you both! Truly something to celebrate!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Rebek