I'm a little bit late but it was a busy weekend. Evan's 30th birthday was Saturday and the fun started Friday at 4:30pm with the biggest answer to prayer we could have asked for. I'm not sure all who read this blog so I won't go into details but this year has been extremely challenging with his job and on Friday he got confirmation that he will be transferring to a new school next year. Not only that but the position he got is pretty much his dream job at this point in life. What an amazing answer to prayer and a great way to start his birthday.
We had dinner with friends Friday night and went to the snow for some fun and skiing on Saturday with our friends the Alfaro's. The boys did some skiing and the Mama's stayed with the kiddos which was more fun than I expected. Alek loved the snow and I think Jett liked watching Alek. We had dinner with families over the weekend and it was just a great time of celebrating God's faithfulness and a new chapter in life...30!
Evan and I had a great talk in the car on the way up to the mountains. We reflected on what we have gone through and how we have known each other now half of our lives. Crazy! We also celebrate 10 years of marriage this July so we were talking about the depth of our love now versus when we first met. This type of love only comes from going through "real life" with someone. We knew God would carry us through this most recent season of trials but you never really know what it is going to look like or how he will show his faithfulness. Now we can see the next season before us. It is so hard not to keep jumping ahead and thinking what is next. I'm learning each day to live for "today" and today we are definitely rejoicing!
My Snow Bunny
Josh, Grandma Susan, Jett & Meg
You can't see it but Ev went skiing in shorts!
Happy Birthday Evan and CONGRATULATIONS on the new job!!! What an amazing answer to prayers. God truly is good!
ReplyDelete