What a joyous day it has been. Rejoicing in the resurrection of our Savior, Easter eggs and the birthday of my son. Talk about a confusing day for Alek. Easter service at church, egg hunting, Easter baskets and birthday cake all in one day! We have been telling him the story of Jesus' death and resurrection (wow, that is hard one to explain to a 3 year old) but he can tell you what we are celebrating today if you ask. As a parent it warms my heart to know the seeds we are planting and to hear from his sweet voice his very own prayers at night, questions and the re-telling of stories we have shared. I know a lot of parents would say this but I really can't believe how blessed I am to have Alek as my son. He has the sweetest most loving spirit and I am truly grateful that God chose me to be his Mommy. Yes there are challenges especially as we enter into the 3's but overall he is more than I ever expected. Just an example of his sweet nature. I made his birthday cake yesterday and after it was done he said, "Mommy, you did such a great job on my birthday cake". He proceeded to keep telling me multiple times that day and this morning what a great job I did on his cake. He does this all the time in different ways and still wants to give me hugs and kisses multiple times a day. He is grateful, thoughtful, helpful and tender hearted. I treasure all of this in my heart and pray a guarding over his spirit daily knowing God has a plan for this sweet spirit. I don't say this to boast but to show you how God has revealed himself to me and has taught me so many things through this little boy. Alek has given me perspective on life, grace, gratefulness, patience and how to love God and others with the heart of a child. Happy Birthday my son!
Alek is getting SO big!!!! So glad you had a blessed Easter and Third Birthday! Love the picture of the three of you.
ReplyDelete