April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Alek!

Our little boy turned 2 this weekend. When I look back it seems like just yesterday he was born but then when I think of all the things he has done and the ways he has grown it seems like forever ago he was a tiny baby. We had such a fun day. We went to Big Hat Day in the morning. Daddy bought him a balloon that was filled with water and a rubber band attached to it from one of the vendors. It was $1 and it was his favorite thing! He walked around bouncing it on the ground as happy as can be. After we got home it was naptime. Ahhh, still the best part of the day. I got things together for our little family party we had that night. Our immediate family came and it was a very nice low key celebration. He was pretty funny to watch this year. He definately knew more of what was going on. He smiled and clapped his hands when we started singing Happy Birthday. He loved opening gifts but was really confused when I kept taking his cool new toy away so he could open another gift. Most of all it was so touching to see how much our little boy is loved and blessed by our family and friends. He continues to be such an amazing joy to us. I am so in awe of what an amazing gift God gave us and am so happy that I'm the one that get's to be his Mommy. It's all the little moments I love that only he and I share. The sweet and now really funny things he says. The nightime routine is my favorite. The melt my heart moment is now whenever I put him to bed he says Nigh Nigh Mommy. Luh u. Parenting is the best!  All the little things I get to share with him are the rewards for the tough love and patience we parents have to practice everyday. I know it will keep getting more challenging...especially now that we hit 2. But I also know the rewards will keep coming and get better.



Had to put this in. This is how our pictures go these days. 
Alek does not like taking posed pictures.


My first attempt at a decorated cake. I was pretty proud!

He was so cute when we sang Happy Birthday. 
He even blew out his candles all by himself.




3 comments:

  1. I sooo hear you on this girl. congratulations o two years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Alek! It's hard to believe you are such a big boy. It looks like you had a great day with the cutest cake ever. We look forward to watching you grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Great job on the cake! I assumed you bought it somewhere, or had Launa make it ;)
    I LOVE the little person chair!

    ReplyDelete