July 6, 2009

Old and New Memories

First things first. Let's start where it all began. 9 years ago on July 2nd I promised to love and cherish through sickness and health, good times and bad and for richer or poorer. Although I can say we have been tested against all those vows, we stand a stronger and closer couple and I am so blessed to be married to an amazing person who loves me for me but also challenges me to grow. Nine years flew by and each year tends to be different in how we celebrate. This year we decided to go down to San Diego with Alek. First off we wanted to see a Dodger game this summer. I am a Dodger fan through marriage and love going to the games with Evan. Since the Dodger home schedule and our schedule didn't jive, we decided to see them in San Diego. We also were able to stay with my grandparents which was an awesome treat and so that is why we took Alek with us. Alek did amazing on the car ride. Even with 30 minute naps both ways, he kept himself entertained and didn't get whiny at all. What a blessing that was. Our anniversary gift from him I guess. My grandparents were so awesome as always and loved the time with Alek. The night Evan and I went to the game they watched him and it was great to have a date night and time alone but it was so fun to have him with us the rest of the weekend. My grandparents have lived in the same house since I was born and so it holds a ton of memories for me and the last time we had Alek there was when he was 5 months old. To have him in the home I was a baby in was very special. He played with the toys I played with and walked (kinda ran) the same halls I did. One of my fondest memories was riding the carousel at Seaport Village as a kid. I was so excited to take Alek on his first carousel ride. He loved it and thought it was pretty cool that his horse went up and down. There were many priceless moments that weekend. We were only there 3 days and 2 of them were pretty much driving time but the memories I re-lived and the new ones we made as a family will be with me forever.

One of our stops along the way. I had never been to this "disneyland for outdoorsman" It was massive! Evan had to initiate his boy.


It was Manny's first game back. There were Dodger fans everywhere!


My first time at Petco Park. It is a beautiful stadium.










1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Mike loves Bass Pro...I can't tell you how many times I've been dragged there!

    ReplyDelete