May 29, 2009

Fun Times Playing

I have some catching up to do. These photos are from the last month and are just samples of the fun we experience every day with Alek. The backyard water pictures are from the first part of May after a big rainstorm. Our backyard collects water and one Saturday morning I sent Alek out to play while I made breakfast. I knew he would want to go near the water but I didn't imagine what took place next. All of a sudden I hear splashing and when I looked out (knowing full well what the noise meant) this is what he was doing. Running back and forth through the water. On one of the runs he fell and as you can see got soaked. My first response was to tell him no, and then I remembered I am raising a boy and it's only water and clothes. So I let him enjoy it for awhile and let me tell you, he was in heaven. He was giggling and grinning the whole time. Evan and I just watched him having fun, oh and we got it on video. 

The other photos are Alek in my car. He loves to pretend to drive. Notice he is putting his seat belt on. I didn't even tell him to do that. These are the every day things kids pick up on. Also his first cake batter licking. Talk about flashbacks. I remember "helping" my Mom make cakes and the best part was licking the spoon. I initiated Alek into this fun world. Finally, Alek likes riding on his rocking horse. Actually it was Evan's rocking horse when he was his age and it has been passed down. He pretends to feed it carrots and makes the horse sounds. We thought it would be cute to put on Daddy's cowboy hat to finish the look.






No comments:

Post a Comment